I have thought long and hard about this post and whether or not to even discuss my upcoming move, but since my blog follows my decorating & diy projects around my home, I felt it would be silly to just start showing projects at a completely different home. We built this home 15 years ago with every intention of retiring here, having our future grandchildren come to visit us here, etc. Unfortunately, things turned out differently & my husband and I separated after 22 years of marriage. I have managed to keep up with everything in the home for the past 5 years on my own, but now my youngest has left for College & I am faced with the harsh reality of not being able to do it all. As much as I love our home, it was not practical to work full time, then spend all weekend keeping up with a 2.5 acre lot, pool & 150′ driveway in the harsh New England winters. As I tend to deal with sadness in my life through humor (and hostess cupcakes) of course I will do that now as well. I have come up with the top 10 reasons why I am happy to be moving:
10. I no longer have to wake up to the sound of the neighbors’ chickens outside my window with the neighbor yelling for T-Bone & Ribeye (no joke) to come home as Mommy has to go to work.
9. We do not have to drive 20 minutes to get to the nearest store.
8. We do not have to stay inside because there is a black bear spotted behind our house.
7. Our Town will consist of more than 2 liquor stores & two fast food restaurants.
6. We will have more than 1 pizza place that delivers!
5. I will get trick or treaters again!!
4. I won’t have to worry about stopping to let the wild turkeys cross the road. (no joke)
3. I will not wake up to the crazy goat that keeps escaping from his farm a few houses down.
2. I will not have to shovel the driveway or mow the lawn!!
1. I will have a new place to decorate!!
The best thing is the memories come with us: