These amazing foil packets made on the grill with steak and potatoes are perfect for grilling, camping or the oven.
Have you tried foil packets on the grill yet? If not, I highly recommend them.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
The parmesan chicken foil packets I made last month were such a hit, that I decided to make a version with steak and potatoes. There is no way I could pick a favorite.They were equally delicious. The reason foil packets are so popular is because not only are they easy to make, with virtually no clean-up, they are also inexpensive.
That explains why they are also called hobo packets. Be sure to check out these 25 foil packet recipes. There are shrimp, chicken, steak and veggie foil packets that are perfect for camping!
Foil Packets On The Grill With Steak And Potatoes
- Steak Tips
- Grill Mates Marinade Mix
- Oil & Vinegar
- Red Potatoes
Mix the marinade with oil and vinegar following the packet instructions.
Place the steak in a large zip lock bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Let the steak marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Cut the red potatoes in small bite sized chunks.
Cut the stems off the asparagus.
Arrange the asparagus and potatoes on piece of aluminum foil.
Divide the marinated steak onto the foil packets.
Lift the sides of the foil over the steak and potatoes and seal to close off the packets.
Grill on a hot grill for 7-8 minutes, then flip and grill for an additional 7-8 minutes until the steak is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
[Tweet “Amazing Foil Packets On The Grill With Steak And Potatoes @ourcraftymom #ourcraftymom #bbqweek #foilpackets #hobopackets #steakfoilpackets”]
**PIN FOR LATER**
I’m joining the Festive Foodies for sharing #BBQWeek Recipes all week. You can visit Monday’s BBQ recipes from the participating bloggers below:
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
- Amazing Foil Packets On The Grill With Steak And Potatoes by Our Crafty Mom
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts by Sweet Beginnings
- Cherry Lime Margarita by Family Around the Table
- DIY Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Butt Pulled Pork by Intelligent Domestications
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pulled Pork by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Calico Baked Beans by Blogghetti
- Smoked BBQ Brisket by The Spiffy Cookie
- Smoked Pork Butt Tacos by Our Good Life
- Southwestern Mini Grilled Pork Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Sweet Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken by Making Miracles
- Winey Burgers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grill Mates Marinade
- Oil & Vinegar
- Red Potatoes
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil about 12"x12".
- Mix the oil and vinegar with the grill mates marinade.
- Place the steak in a zip lock bag and pour the marinade over the steak.
- Let it marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the stems off the asparagus.
- Arrange the asparagus and potatoes on the aluminum foil packet and place the marinated steak in the middle.
- Lift the sides of the foil over the steak and seal to close off the packets.
- On a HOT grill, cook the foil packet for 7-8 minutes, then flip and grill for an additional 7-8 minutes until steak is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets.
- Add reserved sauce and top with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.