Learn how to make a beautiful Christmas Kissing Ball using pine cones and faux pine stems.
Welcome to Our Crafty Mom.
For this month’s Create With Me challenge I’m sharing a Christmas kissing ball with pine cones.
At the start of each month, we ask YOU to vote on what material we should use in our next Create With Me Challenge.
Then we share our projects using the material you voted for!
It is so much fun to see how different everyone’s projects are.
For this month’s project you voted for pine cones which I was so excited for.
December is a perfect time to make something with pine cones and I tend to use them throughout my home all Winter.
For my project I decided to go with a Christmas kissing ball with pine cones to hang in my dining room window.
Here is an easy tutorial so you can make your own:
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click the link and buy something, I may receive a percentage of sales at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Our Crafty Mom!
How To Make A Christmas Kissing Ball With Pine Cones
I started with a bunch of pine cones, some store bought, some from the yard.
I left some natural, spray painted some white and added gold glitter to others.
I picked up the plain balsam kissing ball while Black Friday shopping for $3.
This was so simple to make, but really looks pretty hanging in the picture window of the dining room.
I just added the pine cones randomly around the kissing ball.
Then I started adding small bows of a pretty wired edge ribbon:
I just hot glued the ribbon to the kissing ball, but you can also use floral wire if you prefer.
I added about 10 bows around the entire ball, then made a long ribbon loop for hanging and added two ribbon tails.
Here it is hanging in the window:
I wanted the Kissing Ball to have a classic look, so I didn’t cover the entire piece in pine cones, but you certainly can if you like.
- Snow Tipped Pinecone Wreath- Little Bits of Home
- Pinecone Kissing Ball- Our Crafty Mom
- Snow Covered Christmas Decor- Refresh Living
- Dipped Pinecone Gift Wrap Embellishment- Making Joy and Pretty Things
- Jewel Toned Pinecone Trees- Knock it Off Kim
- Pinecone Fire Starter- My Life from Home
Thank you for visiting Our Crafty Mom!
Enjoy these great pine cone projects.
We would love to see you what you create with pine cones.
- Pine Cones
- White Spray Paint
- Pine Ball
- Hot Glue Gun
- Add the pine cones randomly around the kissing ball with hot glue.
- Cut pieces of ribbon to make small bows.
- Secure them to the ball using hot glue or floral pins.
- Make a long ribbon loop for hanging and add two ribbon tails for the bottom of the kissing ball.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.