Looking for a few spooky places to visit in New Hampshire for Halloween? Here are 10 of the best places to get your scare on in the Granite State.
From haunted houses and graveyards to ghost tours and forests, this list has something for everyone.
So grab your bravest friends and get ready for a hauntingly good time!
Fall is upon us, which means it’s time to start planning your Halloween activities!
We reached out to local New Hampshire residents to ask them for the inside scoop on the scariest places to visit in New Hampshire.
These are not local tourist attractions or haunted houses that you buy tickets to enter. You can find those listed at the end of this post.
The spookiest places to visit in New Hampshire include abandoned hospitals, courthouses, and historical hotels with ghost stories passed down for generations.
Spooky Places to Visit
- Alton Town Hall – Alton, NH – Reports of paranormal activity including doors opening on their own and furniture moving by itself.
- The Mount Washington Hotel – Bretton Woods, NH – Said to be haunted by the ghost of a woman whose husband died in a fire at the hotel.
- Amos J. Blake House Museum – Fitzwilliam, NH – Paranormal researchers from the show “Ghost Hunters” have investigated the museum which reportedly is home to 11 ghosts plus a phantom cat!
- Kimball Castle – Gilford, NH – Reports include loud unexplained noises, lights turning on and off, and antique clocks that have suddenly decided to start working again.
- The Chase House – Portsmouth, NH – It is said that a young girl hung herself in this building years ago. This former children’s home is known as one of the most haunted places in New Hampshire.
- Ocean Born Mary House – Henniker, NH – This house is located in the small college town where my daughter attended college. It is said to be haunted by a young widower named Mary with fiery red hair and green eyes. She supposedly buried her murdered husband’s body under the hearthstone in her kitchen!
- New Hampshire State Hospital – Concord, NH – Previously known as the “New Hampshire Asylum for the Insane” this abandoned hospital was closed due to allegations of patient neglect, abuse, and even torture.
After reading these reports in further detail, I will be sleeping with the lights on tonight!
Now take a look at the top 10 Halloween attractions to visit in New Hampshire. Happy Halloween!
10 Spooky Places To Visit in New Hampshire For Halloween
If you're looking for a frightfully good time, New Hampshire has plenty of places to get your scare on. Check out our list of 10 spooky places to visit in New Hampshire this Halloween. Happy haunting!
The Dark Woods Haunted Halloween Event - Milford, NH
Take a self-guided tour through dimly-lit woods with spooky characters and misfits. Celebrate the Halloween season with this walking tour perfect for people of all ages.
Haunted House & Halloween Event - Nashua, NH
With attractions like Psycho Circus, Grim, and Apocalypse Z, guests are sure to experience the chills and thrills of Fright Kingdom.
Nightmare New England - Litchfield, NH
Set on over 80 acres, Nightmare New England and the Haunted Hayride is the largest haunted attraction in New England!
Haunted Overload - Lee, NH
Haunted Overload is a haunted trail that is not recommended for young children due to the level of scariness. But, there is no age minimum. Haunted Overload has been voted twice as one of the top 13 haunted attractions in the country!
Canobie Lake Screeemfest - Salem, NH
Canobie Lake after dark turns into a seriously spooky park with haunted houses, live shows, roving monsters, rides, and more.
Haunted Acres - Candia, NH
Five scary attractions in one terrifying place, including a graveyard, a maze from hell, and a quarter-mile nightmare walk!
Historic Portsmouth Legends and Ghost Walk - Portsmouth, NH
Visit 4 haunted buildings just steps from each other in historic Portsmouth. Known as the "haunted corner" listen to true ghost stories as shared by locals.
Salisbury Woods - Salisbury, NH
Looking for something a little less spooky for younger kids? Check out the Haunted Barn and Trail, a spooktacular fundraiser for local education, arts, and community organizations.
Devil's Playground - Unity, NH
Take a 45 min walk through the haunted forest with a haunted house/maze. Lots of haunted happenings on this creepy trail.
Beans and Greens Haunted Corn Maze - Gilford, NH
Check out the premiere of Haunted Fear Farm. This haunted night maze features eerie pathways with plenty of scary surprises!
I hope you enjoyed these spooky places to visit in New Hampshire.
If so, please PIN the below image: