Follow this low-carb bacon-wrapped little smokies recipe to make your own party appetizer. Makes great game day food with just 3 ingredients!
Looking for an easy, low-carb appetizer for your next game-day party?
Look no further than these bacon-wrapped little smokies!
These delicious little sausages are wrapped in bacon and can be baked in the oven or cooked in the crockpot, so they’re perfect for a crowd.
And with just three simple ingredients, this recipe is practically foolproof.
So go ahead and indulge your taste buds – these bacon-wrapped little smokies are definitely worth it!
Supplies Needed to Make Little Smokies
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- 1 package Little Smokies – I like Hillshire Farms
- 1 pound Bacon – regular cut (not thin)
- 1/2 cup Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener
How to Make Low Carb Little Smokies
Preheat oven to 425. Cut bacon into thirds.
Wrap a piece of bacon around the little smokie. Secure with a toothpick.
Repeat with all of the little smokies.
Pour the 1/2 c of monk fruit sweetener in a bowl and roll each bacon-wrapped little smokie in the sweetener.
If you’d rather leave this off you can, but it gives it a nice flavor similar to brown sugar.
Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place each little smokie on the baking sheet.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn them over and bake for another 10 minutes until the bacon is nice and crispy.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
Now be sure to put a couple aside for yourself because the minute you place these in front of your guests, they will disappear!
You will not miss the carbs at all. They are that good. Let me know if you give this super simple recipe a try.
I’d love to hear what you think. Leave a comment below.
Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!
Save this recipe by PINNING the below image:
Tips for making Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies:
- Don’t overcook. Be sure to check the little smokies after a few minutes, prior to turning over. Due to oven temperature differences, your appetizers may not take the full 10 minutes on each side.
- To make clean up a breeze, line the baking pan with aluminum foil. It’s so much easier than cleaning up grease from the pan.
- It’s best to use regular cut bacon, not think cut. Also, I don’t recommend using pre-cooked bacon. You want to get the full flavor of the bacon cooking with the little smokies.
Can you cook them ahead of time?
Yes! The great thing about this appetizer is you can make them ahead of time either in the oven or the slow cooker.
If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can keep them in the slow cooker until guests arrive.
You can also keep them in a tupperware container and warm them up before serving.
How long will bacon wrapped little smokies last?
Once cooked, you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
They also freeze really well in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find Monk Fruit Sweetener
You can always order it on Amazon. But, you may be able to find it at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods.
I also spotted it at Sprouts in Colorado last week.
Can you make these in a Slow Cooker?
Yes! Make them the same way but place them in the slow cooker instead of the oven and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Are Little Smokies Keto-Friendly?
Yes! Each package of little smokies has about 24 smokies. The entire package (Hillshire Farms brand) has only 5 net carbs, 53 grams of fat, and 38 grams of protein.
This makes them a great option for those following a keto lifestyle.
Best Low Carb Dipping Sauces for Little Smokies
- Sugar Free Ketchup
- Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce – I love G Hughes Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce
- Mustard – Annie’s Organic Gluten-Free
- 1 Package of Little Smokies
- 1 Package of Bacon
- Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener - 1/2 cup
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut bacon into thirds.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the little smoke.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with all of the little smokies.
- Pour the 1/2 c of monk fruit sweetener in a bowl.
- Roll each bacon-wrapped little smokie in the sweetener.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place each little smokie on the baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn them over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool. Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gorilla Grip Durable Non Stick Cookie Baking Sheets, Set of 2, No Bending or Warping, Perfect for One-Pan Meals, Easy Clean Up, Cooking Tray, Better Grip with Silicone Handles, 17.3x11.75 Inch, Aqua
Bamboo Wooden Toothpicks [1500 Count - Divided in 3 Storage Bottles] Wood Round Double-Points Teeth Tooth Picks
Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener - Raw Cane Sugar Substitute, Zero Calorie, Keto Diet Friendly, Zero Net Carbs, Zero Glycemic, Baking, Extract, Sugar Replacement (Golden - 8.29 ounces)