Learn the secret to making DIY crystal candles infused with Simply Earth oils. Craft your own unique pieces to bring serenity to any room.
Are you tired of the same old boring candles? Looking to add a touch of elegance and uniqueness to your home decor? You are in the right place!
With Simply Earth essential oils, pressed flowers and your favorite crystals, you can create your very own stunning pressed flower candles.
Imagine the soothing scent of lavender, or the invigorating aroma of eucalyptus, combined with the beauty of dried flowers and crystals, made with high quality soy wax.
These homemade candles are one-of-a-kind creations that you can personalize as gifts for friends and family too.
But you are going to want to make a few for yourself! Let’s get to all the details so you can get started on making your own high quality candles at home. 🙂
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. I received product from Simply Earth used in this post, however, all opinions and love of this product are 100% mine. Please see my full disclosure here.
Tips For Making Homemade Candles
I’ll admit to having a slight obsession with scented candles, both store-bought and homemade.
It definitely started at a young age as I have fond memories of my mom burning a seasonal Yankee Candle in the kitchen.
This tradition was passed on to my children.
But, not all candles are the same quality.
That is why I’m so excited to share these clean burning, high quality crystal candles with you.
The key is using pure essential oils and either soy, coconut or beeswax for the healthiest candles to burn.
Simply Earth Essential Oils + Bonus!
I’ve been an ambassador for Simply Earth for a few years now and LOVE their products.
As noted in my disclosure, I will NEVER partner with a company if I do not genuinely love their product.
If you are not familiar with Simply Earth, they are a monthly subscription box with essential oils and other goodies.
I’m sharing some great news today! Enter the code CRAFTYFREE with this link, Simply Earth Essential Oils and you’ll receive a $45 essential oils gift card with your first box!
When you subscribe, here is what you receive:
- Monthly Essential Oil Recipe Box – includes 4 essential oils, recipe cards and more! (value $100+)
- Exclusive Big Bonus Box – with almond Oil (4oz), fractionated Coconut Oil (4oz), 10 mL roll-on bottles: 6x, amber glass bottles (5mL): 6x, coconut oil, beeswax
- Free $45 egift card.
- Free Access to an Essential Oil Hero Course (This course is free to subscribers. Non-subscribers can enroll too for $250).
- 13% of profits go to end human trafficking
Now that we’ve talked about the importance of using quality essential oils and candle wax, it’s time to get to the step-by-step tutorial.
You will also find a printable craft card at the bottom of this post to make this craft project even easier!
Supplies Needed To Make Crystal Candles
- Soy Wax Flakes
- Candle Wicks
- Assorted Crystals
- Dried Flowers for Candle Making
- Color Blocks – for dying candles
- Essential Oils – I used Eucalyptus and Tangerine
- Candle Making Pour Pot with thermometer (you can also buy a candle making starter kit
- Candle Tins
- Glue Dots
How to Make Homemade Gemstone Candles
Step 1. Melt the wax
Place the candle wax into your pour pot. Use a measuring cup to measure 16 oz or use a block. 1 lb will fill about 3 of the 80z tins.
Step 2. Create a Double Boiler
You never want to place the candle pour pot on a direct flame, so you will need to create a double boiler.
Start by filling a large pan with water and let it boil.
Once boiled, place the pouring pitcher into the pan to melt the wax. If you don’t have a pouring pitcher, you can also use large mason jars.
Step 3. Set Up Your Tins With Candle Wicks
While your wax is melting, set up your candle tins onto a covered work area. Place the wicks into each container.
It helps to use a glue dot or a dab of hot glue to keep the wicks in place.
Open the box of crystals and dried flower crafts so they are ready to add to the candles.
Step 4. Add the Color Block
Once the wax is completely melted, bring the wax up to about 180 F and then add the color block. Once the color block is added let it cool to about 150 F.
It is very important to use your thermometer to ensure that the temperature is right. If not, the melted wax will not set correctly.
Step 5. Add Essential Oils
Add the entire 1/2 oz bottle of your choice of essential oil. I used eucalyptus for one batch and tangerine for a second batch. Blend vigorously.
Step 6. Pour the Wax
Carefully pour the melted wax into the tins up to the top. Hold the wick while pouring and add skewars to keep the wick centered while the wax solidifies.
Step 7. Add Crystals and Flowers
Let the candle sit for about 20-30 minutes until it starts to solidify. At that point add your crystals and flowers.
Don’t add them too early or they will just drop to the bottom. This is where you can really have fun with it.
Combine flowers and crystals in different color combinations and styles.
Step 8. Let Wax Set Overnight
It’s important to wait until the wax is completely solid. I let it sit overnight just to be safe.
Then you want to trim the wick to about 3/8″. This will ensure the cleanest burning.
That’s all there is to it! Beautiful and fragrant homemade crystal candles that would make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or just because.
I hope you enjoyed this easy DIY tutorial for homemade crystal candles. Is this something you could see yourself making?
Recommended Tips on Burning Candles
- Do not burn candle more than 4 hours at a time.
- Allow to cool before relighting.
- Make sure the wick is trimmed to 3/8″ before relighting.
- Never leave candle unattended.
- Avoid burning the candle in a draft. Combine a birthday flower and birthstone to create a crystal candle gift with meaning.
Popular Essential Oil and Crystal Candle Combinations
- Lavender essential oil with rose quartz and amethyst.
- Meditation candles with white sage leaves, citrine and crystal gemstones.
- Birthday candle using a birthday month flower and birthstone.
- Healing candle with lemon grass and clear quartz crystals.
- Create a masculine candle gift in a black tin or jar with a wood wick and sandalwood essential oil with black quartz.
- Make sage and eucalyptus candles for cleansing the home or to give as a housewarming gift. Add a selenite crystal.
You can find me on social media below: