In today’s post: Dough bowl decor styling tips you can easily recreate, plus a fabulous fall giveaway from the Thrifty Style Team!
Hello, friends. It’s officially my favorite time of year and this New England girl couldn’t be happier!
The temps are perfect in the low 70’s, the leaves are just starting to turn and I get to craft and decorate for fall and Halloween!
What more could I ask for? Well, how about a fall giveaway with a few of my Thrifty Style Team friends?
Fall is a great season for giving so we thought it would be fun to gift a fall favorite home decor item to one lucky reader from each of our blogs.
You can see a preview of the giveaway items here:
Aren’t these items just beautiful?
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
Dough Bowl Decor and Giveaway
One of my favorite ways to decorate my living room coffee table for any season or holiday is to start with a dough bowl as the centerpiece.
You may recognize the velvet pumpkins shown in this antique wooden dough bowl. They were featured in a Thrifty Style Team post last year.
I will be giving away a set of 3 handmade velvet pumpkins to one lucky Our Crafty Mom reader!
The winner will receive a navy blue velvet pumpkin, leopard print pumpkin (my favorite) and a soft cream velvet pumpkin all handmade by me!
Add them to your own dough bowl or use them to decorate your mantel, buffet table or even line a window sill with these beauties.
All you need to do to enter the giveaway is comment below and let me know what your favorite thing is about fall.
The winner will be chosen at random. Entries will close in one week on Friday September 16th at 12 a.m. EST.
Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hrs to respond.
That’s all there is to it.
And, you can also enter the other great giveaways by visiting the blog posts with the links below and following the giveaway requirements there as well.
Since I just finished decorating my living room for a fall home tour coming up later this month, I thought it would be helpful to share some simple tips for decorating with dough bowls.
Where Can You Buy Dough Bowls
While I found my whitewashed hand carved wooden dough bowl at a vintage market, you can find reproductions at most home stores.
You can also scope out antique stores and flea markets for an antique dough bowl. I’ve also found a few budget-friendly options for you on Amazon:
They are perfect to add to console tables or dining room tables for a pretty farmhouse style.
Tips for Styling a Dough Bowl
- Start with a clean bowl. If your bowl is new, you may want to wash it with soap and water to remove any dirt or dust.
- Choose a base. You can use everything from stones to wood slices to fabric to fill your dough bowl. Just make sure the base is not too thick or too thin.
- Add some greenery. Fake plants are fine, but fresh greenery gives your dough bowl a more natural look. Try adding some herbs or succulents for a pop of color.
- Think about height. To add visual interest, try using different heights when arranging your dough bowl decor. Place taller items in the back and shorter items in the front.
- Have fun! There are no rules when it comes to styling a dough bowl. Just use your imagination and creativity to design a look that you love.
For this fall dough bowl I used a eucalyptus garland as the base, then layered in leopard pumpkin stems on each side.
A larger velvet pumpkin was added to the center for added texture and dimension.
A few white mini pumpkins were also added as fillers along with cotton pods.
I kept the height of the decor low as this is where we watch television and I didn’t want to obstruct the view. 🙂
There are so many simple ways you can decorate a dough bowl.
Here are some other ideas to create a beautiful dough bowl centerpiece.
- Fill your bowl with fresh fruit, flowers, or other seasonal decorations to create a beautiful table centerpiece.
- Fill the bottom of the bowl with filler. This can be anything from stones or pebbles to dried flowers or moss. You can also use different colors of filler to create a more interesting effect.
- Add your main decoration. This could be a candle, a arrangement of fresh flowers, or a small sculpture or figurine.
- Finish off with smaller details. These could be things like shells, berries, leaves, or twigs.
Adding these finishing touches will help to create a more cohesive look for your dough bowl decoration.
Last season I collected foraged items like twigs and fall leaves to create a stunning and colorful fall dough bowl centerpiece.
I hope you found these tips helpful and would love to hear how you decorate a dough bowl for fall.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below to enter the velvet pumpkins giveaway. Good luck!
Thrifty Style Team’s Fall Home Decor Giveaway!
Redhead Can Decorate – Fall Floral Ombre Wreath Giveaway
Our Crafty Mom – Dough Bowl Decor and Giveaway
The How to Home – Primitive Pumpkin Cutting Board
DIY Beautify – 5 Favorite Low Cost DIY Fall Decor
2 Bees in a Pod – Fall Pillow Giveaway
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a good day and happy fall!