Inside: If you are looking for wedding invitations that you can easily design yourself, you are in the perfect place! Not only will you wow your guests with your invitations, but you’ll save time and money as well. Read on to see the details.
This post was created in collaboration with Basic Invite and contains affiliate links. However, all opinions are 100% mine! Please see my full disclosure here.
My niece, Breanna, and her fiancee, Justin, are getting married Saturday. It is such an exciting time! As a proud Aunt I have to share a photo of this gorgeous couple:
They both love to travel and are going on a three week European Honeymoon! Check out this engagement photo in front of the Eiffel Tower-yup the City of love!
We are all so incredibly happy for them. Breanna had a very positive experience with Basic Invite, so I’m excited to share the easy process of how to design your own wedding invitations with you.
How To Easily Design The Perfect Wedding Invitations
Step 1. Select Your Design
- The first thing you need to decide on is your design. Are you going with a specific theme, like vintage or rustic?
- Do you and your fiancee have a love for something that you want to include in your design?
- Is there a colour palette you want to go with, that you could incorporate into your design?
- Once you decide on a theme, you can search the Basic Invite website for invitations within that category.
- What is the venue like? For example, my niece, Kaitlin, was married in a stunning barn, so she chose to go with a rustic theme. Here is a photo I took of the venue:
If you are looking for wedding ideas, check out my wedding board on Pinterest .
Step 2. Choose Your Colors
- Once you select a design, you can change the color of each element on the card to over 180 different color options. Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows you to see instant previews online. So, you can make sure the card is exactly how you want it – down to the littlest detail.
- Build your own color theme. Use trendy colors in unlimited combinations to make your card as unique as you are.
- Custom Samples – before you place the order, be sure to request a printed sample of your actual invitation so you can see exactly how it will print, as well as the paper quality before you place your final order.
Step 3. Choose Your Invitations
- With over 1000 wedding invitation sets – you can order matching save the dates, invitations, menus, programs-right up to thank you cards! It couldn’t be easier to design wedding invitations at Basic Invite. Design your own wedding invitation set at Basic Invite.
Step 4. Choose Your Envelopes
- Choose from over 40 different colors when it comes to your envelopes, so you can make your invitation stand out even before it’s opened. All of the envelopes are peel and seal, so no nasty licking the envelopes. I may be dating myself, but who remembers the Seinfeld episode with Susan licking all the wedding envelopes? There will be none of that!
Step 5. Gather The Addresses
- One of the most amazing benefits of designing your invitations through Basic Invite, is they have a free address collection service. This means you use their service to request addresses from your guests and get free envelope printing! What a timesaver that is-especially if you are having a large wedding. Plus, you don’t have to add learning calligraphy to your to do list! Focus on the wedding, not addressing envelopes. Your evelopes will be completely addressed and ready to mail with the addition of postage.
- Speaking of postage, be sure that you have the correct postage on your envelopes. You can bring one to the post office to have it weighed and also order pretty stamps for your invitations!
One really cool option that I wanted to let you know of, is Basic Invite offers free wedding websites that you can customize just like your wedding invitations! They are super simple to use and mobile friendly. You can instantly upload all of your wedding details, along with images and a map with directions, which is so helpful to your guests. You can learn more about wedding websites best by clicking here.
If you are having a fall wedding, you may want to check out these fall coasters wedding favors.
So what do you think? Are you ready to design your own wedding invitations? Or do know someone who is getting married soon? Send them this post to help them out! I hope you found this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions. I’d love to hear if you have designed your own wedding invitations. Leave me a comment and let me know what your experience was like. Hope you have a great day! I have a wedding to shop for! 🙂
Sharing is caring…please PIN the below image:
If you are looking for gifts for the groomsmen, check out this post:
and gifts for the bridesmaids can be found here:
Social Media Links:
Social Media Links: @basicinvite