These essential oil shower melts are easy to make and are also a great gift idea! Simply add the essential oil blend you like to this recipe. I’m sharing several favorites.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. I received product from Simply Earth used in this post, however, all opinions and love of this product are 100% mine. Please see my full disclosure here.
I’m really excited to share these easy shower melts with you, using products from the Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box for July. And, here’s some great news.
Simply Earth will be giving one lucky Our Crafty Mom reader the July Recipe Box so you can make your own essential oil shower melts, or several other fun projects! The giveaway is at the end of this post, so be sure to enter.
Last month was the first box I received and I showed you how to make Natural Mosquito Repellant. This has been so helpful, especially for summer barbecues.
If you are not familiar with Simply Earth, they are an essential oil subscription box that you can receive monthly or quarterly. Each box contains 4 bottles of essential oils, plus recipe cards.
Enter the code CRAFTYFREE with this link, Simply Earth Essential Oils and you’ll receive a $40 coupon in your first box!
The July box is all about the kiddos, because we know how tough it is to keep them occupied all summer! If you don’t have young kids, no worries. The box is so versatile that you can make several other things.
My daughter and I both love to pamper ourselves. But we prefer showers to baths. What better way to enjoy a relaxing hot shower than using shower melts?
The recipe I’m sharing is a base recipe that you can completely change up with the essential oils you choose to add.
I’m sharing a few of our favorite blends today and two different sizes. Here is a smaller size using a heart shaped silicone mold:
Aren’t they adorable? Here is a larger melt using a recycled k-cup pod:
This is such a great way to recycle those k-cups! Now let’s get to the super simple recipe.
Essential Oil Shower Melts Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Silicone mold – I used this small heart one but if you want the melts larger, recycled k-cups work great!
- Rubber Spatula
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Epsom Salt
- 20 Drops Of Essential Oil
- Water (about 2-3 teaspoons)
- Pour baking soda and epsom salt into mixing bowl.
- Slowly add water, about 2 teaspoons, and mix well. If the mixture is not holding, you might need to add another teaspoon of water.
- Add 20 drops of essential oils of your choice and mix well.
- Add the mixture into silicone mold or k-cups and be sure to press it so it is packed tight.
- Let the mixture dry completely. The smaller melts took about 24 hours, the k-cups about 48 hours.
- Once they are dry, pop them out and store in an airtight container. Mason jars work perfectly!
Here are a few of our favorite blends and what they are used for.
The melts shown today were made using lavender and sweet dreams essential oil, which both came in the July recipe box.
My daughter likes to take showers before bed. These are perfect for promoting a calm and relaxing mood to help with sleep.
Use this melt at night time before going to bed to promote a healthy night sleep.
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops sweet dreams essential oil
DIY Essential Oil Shower Melts For Colds
Use this melt when congested and stuffy. It helps promote easy breathing.
- 8 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- 6 drops breathe easy essential oil
This blend helps get you going in the morning. Use this melt for a natural energy boost.
- 8 drops orange essential oil
- 6 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 drops tangerine essential oil
- 2 drop grapefruit essential oil
Use this melt when stressed and having anxious feelings, these oils can help ground the emotions and relax the mind. These 3 oils are included in the July recipe box.
- 8 drops fir needle essential oil
- 8 drops tangerine essential oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
This shower melt has essential oils in it that can help stimulate the brain, and help your child to focus and concentrate. This is perfect for a before school shower!
- 10 drops tangerine essential oil
- 10 drops fir needle
How To Use Essential Oil Shower Melts
Place two of the smaller essential oil melts on the side of the shower, away from the stream of water. Once the water hits the melt it releases the essential oils into the air and steam of the shower.
Breathe in the wonderful fragrance of the oils and the benefits they bring.
There are so many fun silicone molds you can use to make shower melts and I’m sharing a few that the kids will love here:
You can also add color drops if you want. Be sure you use the drops meant for soaps, like the ones below:
Have you tried essential oil shower melts before? If so, what are your favorite blends to use? If not, I hope this post inspires you to give it a try. We love them and think you will too!
Sharing is caring…please pin the below image:
Don’t forget! When you place your first order with this link, Simply Earth Essential Oils and enter the code CRAFTYFREE you’ll receive a $40 coupon in your first box, plus the big bonus box with the items shown here:
Now let’s get to this amazing giveaway!
You can follow me on social media below: