Make this super simple slow cooker chicken tortellini soup that the entire family will enjoy!
This slow cooker chicken tortellini soup is one of my family’s favorite soup recipes.
When I worked full-time outside of the home and my kids were younger, it was a weekly staple in the winter months.
Another favorite was this slow cooker classic chili served with nachos and lots of cheese!
In fact, I probably used a slow cooker 3x a week during the work week.
Now that I’m a recent empty-nester I don’t like to cook every night.
This tortellini soup is perfect, because I can have leftovers!
Plus, I can bring a bowl to my daughter for lunch.
Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
This month is actually #NationalSlowCookerMonth, so I’m teaming up with a great group of bloggers to share slow cooker recipes this week.
Be sure to check out the other recipes linked up below.
Here is what you need to make this tasty cheese tortellini soup:
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup Ingredients
- Rotisserie Chicken- (shred the chicken) You can also use cooked chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 1 Bag Frozen Tortellini – (I used cheese)
- 3 Carrots – peeled & diced
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach – chopped
- 6 cups Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 Garlic Cloves – minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Add the chicken to the slow cooker. Then add the remaining ingredients except the tortellini.
You can definitely add onions and celery, but my daughter is not a fan, so I left those out.
Also, I used rotisserie chicken because it’s soooo simple, but you can absolutely use 1.5 lbs. chicken breasts and shred with two forks once it’s cooked.
You want to let this delicious slow cooker soup cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Add the tortellini and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Top with salt, pepper and fresh parsley and your slow cooker chicken tortellini soup is ready to eat!
When my kids were home I used to serve Texas toast with it and they were happy campers!
There is a printable recipe card below to save for later. Enjoy!
Another option is to add a can of cream of chicken soup to this recipe to make more of a creamy chicken tortellini soup.
Prefer noodles? Easily make this same recipe into a classic chicken noodle soup with your favorite pasta.
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Cheese Tortellini - 1 bag
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- Celery - 3 stalks, diced
- 3 Carrots - peeled and diced
- Spinach - chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, except for the tortellini.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add the tortellini.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh parsley if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Newness Soup Ladle, [Rustproof, Heat Resistance, Integral Forming] Durable 304 Stainless Steel Soup Spoon with Vacuum Ergonomic Round Handle, Cooking Spoon for Kitchen, 13.7 Inches
Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker | Stainless Steel (SCV700SS)
Bico Black and White Plaid Ceramic Cereal Bowls, Set of 4, for Pasta, Salad, Cereal, Soup & Microwave & Dishwasher Safe
Sharing is caring…please PIN the below image:
Welcome to our #NationalSlowCookerMonth Celebration!
This week we are celebrating all things slow cooker!
We have delicious recipes from across the country to fill your meal plans with delicious slow cooker recipes!
- Slow Cooker Saucy Pork Chops from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Simple Slow Cooker Breakfast Pizza from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Balck Bean Soup from Magical Ingredients
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Thighs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Spicy Cheese Dip from Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Chicken Gyro Bowl from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easy and Delicious Beef Ragu from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup from Our Crafty Mom
Before you go I’d love to have you subscribe to my email so you never miss a post.
You can follow me on social media below: