This simple peach cobbler dump cake is made with fresh peaches and is a delightful seasonal treat!
I’m sharing this yummy peach cobbler dump cake recipe as part of a Plethora of Peaches event with some of my blogging friends.
After you check out this recipe, you can click the links at the end of this post for even more peach recipes.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating, fall is absolutely my favorite season.
The weather is perfect, the fairs and festivals are abundant (before stay at home), and you can visit apple orchards to pick apples, go on hayrides and maybe taste a little hard cider.
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
I lucked out with a basket of fresh peaches from my Dad’s garden. I knew immediately I wanted to make peach cobbler dump cake.
My family loves to try different flavors of dump cakes. Be sure to check out my article with 47 easy dump cake recipes!
What is a Dump Cake?
A dump cake is similar to a cobbler, but with a cake-like topping.
The name came about because you “dump” all the ingredients into a cake pan without mixing.
Dump cakes commonly include a boxed cake with fruit. But, now you can find tons of unique variations including Oreo and red velvet.
Just because it’s an easy recipe, doesn’t mean it’s not delicious.
I was married to a pastry chef for 22+ years, so I picked up a few tricks along the way!
You only need 4 ingredients for this delicious peach cobbler:
Ingredients For Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- 6 Large Fresh Peaches – cut in quarters
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix – can also use a white cake mix
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1.5 Sticks of Butter – sliced thin
- Whipped Cream (optional)
You can use canned peaches, peach pie filling, or other fruit filling, but it really is so much better with fresh peaches.
However, if you do use canned pie fillings omit the sugar.
The great thing about dump cake recipes, is you can swap out the fruit for any that you like.
For that matter, you can also swap out the cake flavor.
Get creative and have fun with it. I’m already planning a red velvet cake as that’s a favorite flavor in our family.
All you do is peel the skin off the peaches and cut them into quarters. I love the Pioneer Woman knife set my daughter bought me for my birthday.
It has everything you need for the kitchen. I’m dropping this off to my daughter tomorrow, so I used a disposable 13×9″ baking pan.
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
Start by tossing your sliced peaches in sugar. Make sure you have a nice coating. Pour them into the bottom of your pan.
The next step is to dump the cake mix on top of the fresh peaches.
Then all you do is cover the top of the cake mix with sliced butter.
You can’t get much easier than that.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Wait until you smell the deliciousness!
It was so hard for me to pack this up. That right there is love. 🙂
Before serving, sprinkle the cake mix with a light dusting of brown sugar while it’s warm. It adds another layer of flavor.
How to Serve Peach Cobbler
It’s best enjoyed warm. You can also serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or top it with whipped cream.
I hope you enjoyed this easy peach cobbler recipe. If you like peach crisp, you will definitely love this cobbler recipe. Let me know if you give it a try!
Head on over and check out the rest of the yummy recipes.
Plethora of Peaches Recipe Hop
- Fresh Peach Iced Tea from Palatable Pastime
- Keto-friendly Danish with Fresh Peaches from Our Good Life
- Peach Cobbler + Epitaph for a Peach from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake With Fresh Peaches from Our Crafty Mom
- Peach Cobbler Moonshine from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Peach Crumble from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peach Upside Down Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Peachy French Toast from Making Miracles
- Summer Peach Bundles in a Sweet Mascarpone Sauce from The Freshman Cook
- Fresh Peaches - 6 large peeled and sliced
- Butter - 1.5 sticks sliced thin
- Yellow Cake Mix - 1 Box
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice the peaches and toss with sugar.
- Pour peaches into a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the peaches.
- Slice the butter into thin pieces and place over the cake mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sharing is caring…please PIN the below image:
Google Web Story: Super Easy Peach Cobbler Dump Cake Recipe
I’d love it if you would follow me on social media: