Thanksgiving is just a few short weeks away, so I gathered 15 beautiful Thanksgiving tablescape ideas to inspire you!
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
Tips on How to Set a Beautiful Thanksgiving Tablescape
I’ve talked many times about how much I love to set a pretty table.
It doesn’t matter if it is for a large dinner party, or a party of one!
It is so nice to sit down for dinner to a pretty place setting.
Here are a few easy tips that are inspired by the Queen of decorating herself…Martha Stewart!
- When creating Thanksgiving centerpieces for your dining table, be sure not to obstruct the conversation view. You want friends and family to be able to interact without having to look over a large vase of flowers, no matter how pretty it is!
- When setting the table, decide on your color palette first. Place a table runner down the center of the table, then start creating your Thanksgiving table setting for each guest.
- Create each place setting with a pretty layer including a placemat, charger, dinner plate, salad plate, and dessert plate. Place the soup bowl on top of the salad plate, if you are serving soup. Place the bread plate to the top left of the charger with a butter knife horizontally, blade facing inwards on top of the bread plate.
- Set the silverware by placing a napkin to the left of the plate. On the left of the charger, place the salad fork on the outside, and the dinner fork on the inside. You can put the forks on the napkin. On the right of the charger, place the knife closest to the charger (blade facing in towards the charger) and then the soup spoon. Place a butter knife horizontally, blade facing inwards on top of the bread plate with the handle pointing to the right. Directly above the charger, place a dessert spoon.
- Consider including a place card that doubles as a Thanksgiving favor for the guests to take home. You can use mini pumpkins, treat bags or cups with candy, or even single serve mini pumpkin pies.
- Bring a hostess gift. You never want to go to any Thanksgiving feast or dinner party without a thank you gift. A bottle of wine with a custom wine label or pretty wine gift bag makes a thoughtful gift that can even be enjoyed that day. If the party is alcohol-free, include sparkling apple cider.
- A really fun idea is to have thanksgiving tags for leftovers for each guest to take home.
Now let’s get to these lovely Thanksgiving tablescapes.
Thank you for stopping by. Happy Thanksgiving!
Save article by pinning the below image:
See even more Thanksgiving crafts and home decorating ideas below:
- Make a Juicy Turkey for your Thanksgiving Menu
- French Meat Stuffing
- 23 Thanksgiving Tablescapes
- Thanksgiving Day Recipes
- Leftover Turkey Recipes
Follow me on social media below: