I reached out to the blogging community and rounded up 30 Best Organizing And Decluttering Ideas With The Konmari Method.
Learn DIY organizing and decluttering ideas with the Konmari Method, plus there are FREE checklists, printables and follow up posts. Does it really work?
Like so many of you, I binge-watched the Netflix series, Tidying Up With Marie Kondo in a weekend and was determined to bring order and peace into my home!
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
I picked up the book that started it all, The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up and went to the dollar store to buy small boxes and bins.
Determined only to keep items that sparked joy, I promptly loaded up bags to bring to the Thrift Store.
Both my sisters were hooked as well and my oldest sister, found these really cool towel dividers for the linen closet:
All across social media there were articles and discussions about folding your clothes in threes! Check out this article on CNN, of all places, which talks about benefits beyond clearing up space in your home.
There are reportedly psychological benefits as well. Thrift stores have benefited, with people donating so much!
The book was published in 2014, so a lot of us are behind the bandwagon. I reached out to the interweb and asked bloggers who have used the method if I could share their posts with you.
30 Best Organizing And Decluttering Ideas
There are free printables and checklists-because what does an organizer love more than a checklist? Plus posts on what happens after KonMari-does it work?
I will be honest and say, while I LOVED the idea and benefited from decluttering, I did not keep up with the folding technique.
It just wasn’t plausible for me to sit and fold undergarments in triangles and get them to stand in the drawers. But that is me.
I do love how the drawers look when you open them and they are all standing nice and pretty though.
Well, let’s get to the posts and let me know your thoughts.
KonMari Checklist & Printables
- Comprehensive KonMari Checklist – Squirrels Of A Feather
- The KonMari Method Checklist – The Crazy Craft Lady
- KonMari For Families Printable – Around My Family Table
- The KonMari Checklist Bullet Journal – Diary Of A Journal Planner
- The KonMari Method To Tidy Up In Real Life – The Crazy Craft Lady
Tips and Tricks Using Kon Mari Method
- Declutter And Organize KonMari Method – DIY Passion
- Tidying Up With Marie Kondo – Organizing Moms
- 7 Reasons The KonMari Method May Be Perfect For You – The Momma Diaries
- Lessons Learned From The KonMari Method – Small Stuff Counts
- KonMari Method For Thrift Store Shoppers – House Of Hawthornes
- Tips For KonMari Method Of Decluttering – Around My Family Table
Organizing Toys and Craft Supplies
Organize Your Drawers KonMari Method
Organize Books and Paperwork With KonMari
- Declutter Your Paperwork With The KonMari Method – The Search For Simple
- Declutter Your Books With KonMari
- KonMari Before And After-Books-Squirrels Of A Feather
- Organizing Books With KonMari Method – Happy Organized Life
How To Organize Closets and Clothes The KonMari Way
- Organize Kids Clothes KonMari Method – This Delicious House
- Organize Your Clothes With KonMari Method – The Search For Simple
- Decluttering Clothes The KonMari Way – DIY Adulation
- KonMari Method-Clothing – Small Stuff Counts
- Declutter Your Closet KonMari Method – This Delicious House
After KonMari-Does It Work?
- Declutter Your Digital Life Marie Kondo Style – The Half Assed Housewife
- Realistic KonMari For Moms – Organizing Moms
- Top Lessons Learned From Tidying Up With Marie Kondo – Organizing Moms
- The KonMari Method My Journey – The Search For Simple
- How I Adopted KonMari To Me – Pulling Curls
- Does The KonMari Method Work – DIY Passion
- Does The KonMari Method Work – DIY Adulation
[Tweet “30 Best Organizing And Decluttering Ideas With The Konmari Method @ourcraftymom #konmarimethod #organizingtips #organizingideas”]
Sharing is caring! Pin Image Below:
I really would love to hear your thoughts. Have you used this technique? If so, have you stuck with it and do you think you will continue to?
If you have any tips I’d love to hear them. Leave comments in the posts below.
Follow me on social media below: