This tasty baked sloppy joe cups are inexpensive and easy to make with a muffin pan.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
I’m always looking for easy recipes to make that come together quickly and that also have leftovers. There are just two of us in the house, so it makes it easier to have leftovers.
There are so many options and they come out really tender. Plus you have your your meat, potatoes and veggies all in one!
Sloppy Joe’s are something I grew up eating. We were a family of five on a tight budget so this fit the bill perfectly.
Also, all three of us kids liked it, which is no easy feat! This Sloppy Joe recipe takes a twist on the classic Sloppy Joe sandwich, making it like an open faced sandwich.
Ingredients Needed For Baked Sloppy Joe Cups
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Can Sloppy Joe Sauce (15 oz)
- 2/3 cup Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Can Refrigerated Texas-Style Biscuits (12 oz)
- Onion and Pepper (optional)
I’ve attached an easy printable recipe card below. Though this is so easy you will have it memorized I’m sure! I will say my store was out of
“Manwich” Sloppy Joe sauce, so I bought the store brand.
I do recommend buying Manwich if you can. It definitely has a better flavor.
My daughter doesn’t like onions or peppers, so I left those out. But they would definitely give this Sloppy Joe recipe more flavor.
When pressing the biscuits into the muffin tin, be careful not to create any holes in the muffin. You want to make sure all the yummy Sloppy Joe mixture stays inside the biscuit.
Try not to overfill the biscuits. You can fit a surprisingly good amount into this little cup.
Add your favorite cheese and enjoy! We used a blend of monterey jack and cheddar and the flavors were perfect with the sauce.
I plan to try this same recipe using chicken and gravy. It will be like miniature chicken pot pies. Doesn’t that sound yummy?
For even more Sloppy Joe recipes, I’m teaming up with a great group of bloggers to celebrate National Sloppy Joe Day! There are so many tasty and unique recipes shared below. Enjoy!
Celebrating National Sloppy Joe Day!
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sloppy Joe Bites from Eat Move Make
- Thanksgiving Sloppy Joes on Mashed Potato Waffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Delicious Sloppy Joes from Palatable Pastime
- Instant Pot Simple Sloppy Joes from Shockingly Delicious
- Asian-Style Sloppy Joes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Sloppy Joe Cups from Our Crafty Mom
- Sloppy Joe Casserole from Making Miracles
- Healthy Homemade Sloppy Joes from Our Good Life
- One Skillet Sloppy Joe Pasta from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes with Hoisin and Cilantro from The Spiffy Cookie
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can sloppy joe sauce 15 oz
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese
- 1 can refrigerated Texas-style buttermilk biscuits 12 oz
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- *Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; cook beef 7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Add Sloppy Joe sauce; cook 1 minute more or until hot.
- Carefully Press 1 biscuit into bottom and up sides of each medium muffin cup.
- Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in each cup.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top of each cup.
- Let stand 1 minute or until cheese softens.
- Carefully remove from pan.
*You will have extra sloppy joe meat mixture left. You can freeze this. Also, the recipe calls for onion but I left that out as my daughter does not eat onions. You can also add green peppers if you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446 caloriesCarbohydrates: 41 carbsg