Make these sliced caramel apple pops for a simple twist on classic caramel apples.
Caramel apples have always been a classic fall tradition. There is something about the combination of crisp, juicy apples with sticky, sweet caramel that makes for a tasty treat that kids and adults love.
They would basically just eat the caramel off and most of the apple would be thrown out. Well, these sliced caramel apple pops solve that problem!
Plus, they are so much easier to eat. I love me a caramel apple, but they are not easy to eat, especially if you are at a Halloween party.
Now you can easily serve them on a plate and also know that the kids will be getting some of the actual apple too!
How to Make Caramel Apple Pops
- 2 honey crisp apples
- 1 bag caramel bits (for melting)
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts; chopped
- lollipop sticks
Wash the apples well. Then slice them width wise just thick enough to put a lollipop stick in, about 1″.
Melt the caramel bits in 30 second intervals in the microwave. Be sure not to overheat them so it doesn’t affect that yummy caramel flavor. Mine took about 2-3 minutes to melt.
Let the caramel cool to about 190 degrees before dipping the apples. You’ll see why at the end of this post!
Now place the lollipop sticks in the center of the apples. Dip them into the caramel and place on a parchment paper lined pan.
Next, chop the peanuts and sprinkle the nuts over the caramel apples while caramel is still wet. This will help them stick.
Place them in the fridge to set. Serve and enjoy!
Subscribe to my email:
Before you go, I’d love for you to subscribe to my email. It’s a great way to stay current on all the fun crafts, easy recipes and home decorating ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best apples to use for caramel apples?
Avoid overly sweet apples, like red delicious. We love honeycrisps, so they are my standard for caramel apples. Try to use sweet-tart apples like Granny Smiths, Pink Ladys, or Gold apples.
How do you keep caramel from sliding off apples?
There is nothing worse than having all that sweet caramel slide right off your apples. Here are a few tips to keep that from happening:
- Prepare a pan with parchment paper prior to adding the caramel. Then you can place the dipped apples on the pan and in the fridge right away. This will help set the caramel set and prevent the caramel from sliding off.
- Don’t dip the apples in the caramel right when it’s melted. Wait until it has cooled a little bit. It’s recommended to cool the caramel to about 190 degrees.
What are the best toppings for caramel apples?
Of course, the best toppings are whatever your favorite is, but here are some popular choices:
- Drizzle melted chocolate on the apples. Milk chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter chocolate-any melted chocolate will work!
- Make a S’mores variety with crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Crushed Oreos for a cookies and cream caramel apple.
- Crushed pretzels for a tasty salted caramel version.
How do you keep apples from browning?
I learned this tip years ago when I was packing sliced apples for my kids for school. Lemon juice works wonders!
Add a little bit of lemon juice to the sliced apples and it will keep them from browning for several hours. But, these caramel apple slices are so good, they probably won’t last several hours!
These super simple caramel apple pops make eating and serving caramel apples so much easier. No more waste from the kids just eating the outside of the apple.
- 2 honey crisp apples
- 1 bag caramel bits
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Lollipop Sticks
- Wash and slice the apples width wise.
- Melt the caramel bits in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Place the lollipop sticks in the apples.
- Dip into the caramel and set aside.
- Chop peanuts and sprinkle them over the caramel apples while the caramel is still wet.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this simple fall treat. For even more Halloween treats see below:
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a good day and happy fall!
You can find me on social media below: