Today I’m sharing a quick and easy recipe on How To Make Sugared Cranberries for the December Pinterest Challenge. They are a great holiday snack and also look pretty on holiday desserts. The perfect mix of sweet and tart!
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
Welcome to the December Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, hosted by My Pinterventures. The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! This month, I chose to make sugared cranberries. I have no idea why I’ve never made them before. They are so easy to make and did I mention how delicious they are? They also can be used to garnish a pretty Christmas cocktail and desserts. I made a big batch to bring to my sister’s on Christmas Eve and smaller mason jars for my daughter to give to her co-workers. Here is the pin I first saw on Pinterest.
How To Make Sugared Cranberries
- 2 Cups of Cranberries
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- In a medium saucepan make a simple syrup by mixing 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar. Heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of fresh cranberries, 1 cup at a time, to the saucepan. Stir the cranberries to coat them in the simple syrup.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the cranberries from the simple syrup.
- Place the cranberries on a wire rack set over a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining cup of cranberries. Let them dry for 1 hour.
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar to a pie plate, then add 1/3 of the cranberries.
- Shake the pie plate gently in a back and forth motion until the cranberries are covered.
- Let the cranberries dry an additional hour.
[Tweet “How To Make Sugared Cranberries-Pinterest Challenge @ourcraftymom #sugaredcranberries #pinterestchallenge #holidayrecipes “]
Aside from the drying time, these take about 15 minutes to make. Add a cute gift tag and bring a few as hostess gifts or give to neighbors. You have a “sweet” homemade gift to share!
**PIN FOR LATER**
To join next month’s #pinterestchallenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ January Pinterest Challenge
Now let’s see what other things Pinterest inspired! Head over and visit the other hosts to see what they crafted, cooked, built, or tried!
Erlene – My Pinterventures • Jenny – Cookies Coffee and Crafts
Debbee – Debbee’s Buzz • Laurie – My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
Julie – Sum of their Stories Lisa – Blogghetti
Beverly – Across the Boulevard • Debra – Shoppe No. 5
Roseann – This Autoimmune Life • Terri – Our Good Life
Joanne – Our Unschooling Journey
Gail – Purple Hues and Me
Kristie – Teadoddles • Marie – The Inspiration Vault
Lydia – Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen • Pili –My Sweet Things
Michelle – Our Crafty Mom
Alexandra – Eye Love Knots
Lauren – Mom Home Guide • Susan – Suzerspace
Marci – Stone Cottage Adventure • Bri – Halfpint Design