Your friends and family will love this Quick And Easy Mini Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Recipe that is made using a cake mix. You can’t get easier than that. Plus, the mini size makes it perfect to share at a party.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
Welcome to Day 11 of the Fourth Annual 12 Days of Christmas Series!
We have teamed up with 50 plus bloggers to bring you oodles of DIY Ideas and Recipes to make your holiday season merrier. There are 12 different posts in the series and we have spread them out over a four week period with three posts per week. Now is the time to subscribe!
GO HERE for the complete list of Dates and Topics plus a collection of most popular holiday ideas including ornaments, games, recipes and more from all 50 plus talented bloggers!
It’s Day 11 and we have been in the kitchen making something sweet to share!
Whoopie Pies are a family favorite, but classic whoopie pies are so large and most of the time people end up cutting them in half. So, I decided to make a mini version to bring to my Sister’s house on Christmas Eve. They are still about the size of a standard cookie, but mini compared to a full size whoopie pie! I have a printable recipe card attached to make it easier to save to Pinterest, or print if you like. Enjoy!
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Red Velvet Premium Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Vanilla Frosting
- Melt butter; set aside to cool. Place cake mix, egg, cooled butter and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until well blended and dough is formed.
- Form dough into a smooth 12-inch log on wax paper, making sure it is even in thickness. Wrap in wax paper; seal in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets. Unwrap dough log and set on wax paper. Using a sharp knife, cut into 24 slices about 1/4" thick. Shape into small round pieces. Place on cool baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread frosting on half the cookies. Top each frosted cookie with another cookie. Gently press together.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Scroll down for even more Sweet Treats to make this holiday season!
You can follow me on social media below and subscribe to my email so you never miss a post-I promise no spam!