This quick and delicious slow cooker chicken piccata is a perfect meal for a busy weeknight, or Sunday dinner.
It’s lightly breaded, but so moist and tender.
There’s nothing better than being able to throw everything in the slow cooker and serve a dish that looks like it took all day to make!
Even the pasta is cooked in the slow cooker. You can’t get much easier than that.
Welcome to #LemonWeek 2021 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours. What better way to welcome summer than with over 50 recipes featuring bright and sunny lemons?
Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
For my contribution I chose to make slow cooker chicken piccata. My daughter and I both love it, and I just picked up a big bag of lemons for these spiked lemonade mimosas I made for Mother’s Day.
I’ve mentioned before that I am not really an expert cook. I enjoy cooking and I like trying different recipes. But, I try to keep it simple.
Mostly, because I’ve always worked full-time and never had hours to prepare a meal. But I will say, I’ve learned that if you start with good quality ingredients, you will have a good meal.
It doesn’t have to take hours. Unless, it’s in a slow cooker, of course. So most of my meals on the blog will be quick and easy.
When I was working full time outside of the house and had two children at home, I thought the slow cooker was the greatest invention ever.
I used to cook with it 3-4 nights a week, putting the meal on low before I left for work and coming home 8 hours later to the house smelling amazing.
These are meals I still make regularly, especially in the winter months.
Let’s get to this recipe:
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata
- large boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 ounces linguine noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 1/4 cup capers
- sliced lemons
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata
Start by whisking together the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Coat both sides of the chicken in the flour mixture. Brown in a frying pan with oil, about 2-3 minutes each side.
This will not be cooked through. It’s just to get a little browning. I went very light with the coating. You can go a little heavier if you like.
Spray the bottom of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the chicken in a single layer in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
When it’s done, transfer it to a plate and cover while you cook the pasta.
Add the linguine and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
Cook on high about 15-20 minutes. Next, add the lemon juice, heavy cream and salt and pepper. Cook another 10-15 minutes.
Now you can add the chicken back in the slow cooker and let it cook about 10 minutes until it’s nice and hot.
You can also add extra lemons. I love the taste of lemon in my chicken piccata so I added a few extra slices. So good! Serve warm and top with capers and parsley.
Add a salad and crusty Italian bread and you have a tasty family dinner! Aside from a quick pan fry, this was all cooked in the slow cooker, making for easy clean-up too.
Before you go, consider signing up for my newsletter so you never miss a post:
I hope you enjoyed this simple, but delicious slow cooker chicken piccata. If so, please PIN the below image:
Enjoy even more lemon recipes by clicking the below links:
Monday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Homemade Lemon Curd by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Bundt Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Lemon Dessert Sauce by That Recipe
- Chicken Picatta by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by SueBee Homemaker
- Strawberry Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Zucchini Bread by Lemon Blossoms
- Grilled Lemon Mojito by Our Good Life
- Deep Eddy Lemonade Vodka Spritzer by Our Crafty Cocktails
- Meyer Lemon Scones by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shortbread Lemon Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Sticky Lemon Oregano Chicken Recipe by Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic Lemon Pepper Rice by Daily Dish Recipes
- Crispy Lemon Chicken by Making Miracles
- South Indian Lemon Rice by Magical Ingredients
- Lemon Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 c Flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 6 ounces Linguine
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 c Heavy Cream
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 1/4 cup Capers
- Sliced Lemons
- Whisk together the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides of the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Brown in a frying pan with oil, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Spray the bottom of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken in a single layer.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Transfer it to a plate and cover.
- Add the linguine and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, heavy cream and salt and pepper.
- Cook another 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in the slow cooker.
- Let cook about 10 minutes until it's nice and hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can find me on social media below: