Make delicious Baileys Red Velvet Cupcakes for a mouthwatering adult treat!
Happy National Cupcake day! The first cupcake recipe that came to mind was red velvet. It’s one of my daughter’s favorite desserts. Mine too!
Since she was just moving into her new apartment yesterday, I thought I’d make her some yummy Baileys Red Velvet Cupcakes to celebrate her big move!
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
Baileys makes a great Red Velvet Irish Cream Liqueur that I’ve used to make Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Martini, as well as a Red Velvet Baileys Kahlua Shot.
This was my first time using it to bake and I’m so glad I did! You get the great flavor of the rich red velvet Baileys, but it definitely does not take over the dessert.
This gorgeous tiered tray is from the Decocrated Summer Box sharing a full unboxing next week, but if you want to check it out sooner, you can use my code OURCRAFTYMOM10 to save $10 off the box.
Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Pick up some really cute cupcake liners, of course that is necessary. 🙂
Follow the recipe included in the printable recipe card below.
One thing I learned years ago from my Husband who owned a bakery, was not to overfill the cupcake liner-ask me how I know that?! You definitely want to stick with 2/3 full.
Bake according to the instructions. I found 18 minutes was perfect for my oven, but anywhere from 18-20 minutes should be perfect.
They come out perfectly rich and cake like-not dry at all! Now it’s time to add your frosting of choice. As I made homemade cupcakes, I thought I’d take the extra step to make homemade cream cheese frosting as well.
You certainly can use store bought to save time. Add red sugar crystals if you like, or crushed graham crackers for extra eye candy.
How To Make Delicious Baileys Red Velvet Cupcakes @ourcraftymom @Baileysofficial #ourcraftymom #baileysredvelvetliqueur #baileysredvelvetcupcakes #redvelvetcupcakes
I’m thrilled to team up with some of my foodie friends who are all sharing yummy cupcakes to celebrate #NationalCupcakeDay. Check out their cupcake recipes below:
Cupcakes for Cupcake Lovers Day!
Hosted by Valentina | The Baking Fairy
- Vegan German Chocolate Cupcakes by The Baking Fairy
- Bailey’s Red Velvet Cupcakes by Our Crafty Mom
- Buttermilk Cupcakes with Strawberry Whipped Cream by One Sweet Appetite
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Coffee Cupcakes with Coffee Buttercream Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes by The Urben Life
- Fiori Di Sicilia + Elderflower Cupcakes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gingerbread Cupcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Maple Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Date Icing by UpBeet Kitchen
- Mickey Mouse Sprinkles Cupcakes by For The Love of Food
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair
- Poblano Cornbread Muffins with Goat Cheese Frosting by The Spiffy Cookie
- Sourdough Strawberry Cupcakes by Our Good Life
- Vanilla Bean Buttercream Cupcakes by Red Cottage Chronicles
Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Recipes
Make these absolutely delicious Baileys Red Velvet Cupcakes when you want a decadent treat with the silky, rich flavor of red velvet.
- Sugar 2 cups
- Buttermilk 1.5 cups
- Baileys Red Velvet 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil 1 cup
- Vanilla 1 tbsp
- Eggs 2
- Red food coloring
- Salt 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa 3/4 cup
- Flour 2.5 cups
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese 16 oz
- Sugar 2 cups
- Butter 1 stick softened
- Vanilla 1 tbsp
- Heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add sugar, buttermilk and oil to your mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add Baileys Red Velvet and stir.
- Mix in eggs, food coloring and vanilla until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add softened butter and mix well.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream until desired consistency.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost.
- Add red sugar crystals if you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
AmazonBasics Reusable, Silicone, Non-Stick Baking Cups Liners - Pack of 12
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Silicone Spatula 14-piece Set, Umite Chef Mini Rubber Spatula Set-Versatile Tools Created for Baking and Mixing-One Piece Design, Non-Stick & Heat Resistant-Stainless Steel Core (Multicolor)
Anchor Hocking 4-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl, Set of 2
Sharing is caring…please PIN the below image:
You may also enjoy these dessert recipes:
Follow me on social media below:
Sunday 14th of February 2021
I made these for Valentine's day and they are delicious, loved them. And yes, the bailey's is not too overpowering in flavour.
Can I ask though, what can I substitute if I dont want to add the Baileys.
Thursday 10th of December 2020
How much red food colouring do you put in the cupcake batter?
Friday 11th of December 2020
Hi Pauline. I used a red velvet cake, so no food coloring needed. Hope this helps.
Saturday 21st of November 2020
These cupcakes look amazing and I hope to make them. However you didn’t say how much red food colouring.
Thursday 25th of June 2020
You had me at Baileys! Thanks for sharing this recipe- will be trying this on the weekend (but for me only, not the kids!).
Tuesday 23rd of June 2020
I love red velvet but Bailey's Red Velvet?! OMG I need some!