This Leprechaun Bait Recipe is the perfect fun snack mix that your whole family can enjoy. It’s easy to make and includes a printable tag!
Are you ready to celebrate St Patrick’s Day with a little luck of the Irish?
We have a great treat for you with 17 bloggers sharing FREE St. Patrick’s Day printables including coloring pages, banners, scavenger hunts and more!
A big thank you to Heather from Homemade Heather for hosting this event.
Be sure to check out all the festive freebies with the links shared at the end of this post.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
As part of this St Patrick’s Day celebration I’m sharing a lucky leprechaun bait recipe.
Just mix some of your favorite cereal, pretzels, M&Ms, and more to create a colorful treat that’s sure to please leprechauns everywhere.
The combination of sweet and crunchy creates a melt-in-your-mouth snack that kids and adults will love!
Plus, the added touch of the adorable tag makes it perfect to share for a kids classroom or birthday party.
Let me know if you give it a try. Enjoy!
Leprechaun Bait Recipe Ingredients
- Mini Pretzels
- Lucky Charms Cereal (add extra marshmallows)
- Rice Chex Mix (you can also use chex party mix)
- Green M&M’s
- Melted White Chocolate Chips
How to Make Leprechaun Bait Snack Mix
I’m all about quick and easy recipes and this no-bake snack mix checks all the boxes.
I’ve also included a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post with the exact measurements to make it even easier.
Simply add all the ingredients, except the melted white chocolate chips, to a large bowl and combine until mixed well.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Place the white chocolate chips in bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring well in between, until the chips are melted.
Once melted work quickly to pour the white chocolate over your snack mix.
Place the mix onto your parchment lined cookie sheet and let harden at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Break into pieces and place into snack bags with your printable leprechaun bait tag. Serve and enjoy!
- It’s important not to overcook the chocolate chips, especially white chocolate chips. They will get a burnt flavor that will ruin your delicious sweet treat!
- If you can, use a good brand of chocolate chips. I used what I had on hand, but I do recommend using a brand like Ghirardelli.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make leprechaun bait snack mix ahead of time?
Yes! You can make this snack mix ahead of time. Just store it in an air tight container. It’s best to enjoy this treat within 4 or 5 days.
Does Leprechaun Bait need to be refrigerated?
No, it does not have to be refrigerated. You can keep it on the kitchen counter in a sealed container. But, you can certainly refrigerate it if you prefer.
Can you freeze Leprechaun Bait?
Yes, you can freeze the snack mix for up to 3-6 months in a freezer safe food storage container or bag. To thaw, simply remove from the freezer and allow it to thaw slowly to room temperature. You don’t want to microwave it to defrost due to the M&M’s.
Download Leprechaun Bait Printable Tags
Simply click the download button below the image to save and print.
Sharing is caring…please PIN the below image:
Enjoy even more St. Patrick’s Day printables by visiting the rest of the talented bloggers with the links below.
Free St. Patrick’s Day Printables
- Color By Number
- Activity Book
- Lucky Clover Banner
- What’s Your Leprechaun Name?
- Scavenger Hunt Cards
- Pot of Gold Printable Treat Bag Topper
- Historical Clover Card Ephemera
- Lucky Charm Bingo
- St. Patrick’s Day Four in a Row
- Printable Decor
- St. Patricks Day Garland
- Leprechaun Bait Recipe with Free Printable Tags (you are here)
- Roll a Rainbow Game
- St Patrick’s Day Coloring Page
- I Spy Printable
- Printable Gift Box
- Cootie Catcher
- Printable Candy Bar Wrap and Gift Tag
Leprechaun Bait Recipe
Make this irresistible Leprechaun Bait snack mix for a festive treat or classroom party snack.
- 2 cups rice Chex (can also use corn Chex)
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists
- 1 and 1/2 cups Lucky Charms cereal (include extra marshmallows)
- 3/4 cup green M&M's
- 1 bag (11 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except white chocolate chips and vegetable oil, in a large bowl.
- Microwave white chocolate chips and vegetable oil for 30 seconds, stir. Return to microwave in 10 second intervals until melted.
- Pour melted white chocolate over the snack mix and gently stir until combined.
- Transfer to your parchment lined baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Add remaining M&M's.
- Let harden at room temperature, or in refrigerator about 10 minutes.
- Break into pieces and place in snack size bags.
- Attach the printable Leprechaun Bait tag.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Google Web Story: Free St. Patrick’s Day Printable Games and Activities
Wednesday 1st of March 2023
This is so cute Michelle. Pinned, as its a great idea.
Friday 3rd of March 2023
Thanks Leanna! It's delicious too!