This tortellini caprese pasta salad is an easy and delicious pasta salad recipe perfect for your summer cookout.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
Easy pasta salad recipes are great for summer barbecues, or light weeknight meals. Serve this tortellini caprese pasta salad with grilled parmesan chicken, or steak and potatoes foil packets for a quick, but delicious dinner.
How To Make Tortellini Caprese Pasta Salad
- Grape Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella
Caprese Salad is made with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil. The dressing is typically a balsamic glaze with olive oil. For this salad, I added tortellini, artichokes, and spinach.
It’s a hearty salad that also makes a great presentation. With basil and tomatoes in season during the summer, it’s a great choice for cookouts or barbecues.
There’s nothing like fresh veggies in the summer, right? I love to grow an herb garden each year so I can snip fresh basil, parsley and thyme for cooking.
You can make this salad in about 30 minutes start to finish.
Just boil the tortellini according to the instructions, allow to cool, and toss all the ingredients in a large salad bowl.
Top with your dressing of choice. I wanted this tortellini pasta salad to be light, so rather than add a balsamic glaze, I went with a balsamic dressing. Use whatever appeals to you.
This recipe is being shared as part of #BBQWeek with some of my blogging friends. You can check out the other barbecue recipes shared below. Enjoy!
Wednesday #BBQWeek Recipes
- DIY Hot Dog Onion Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions by Blogghetti
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad by The Spiffy Cookie
- Smoked Ribs with KC Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Southwest Pasta Salad with Lime Vinaigrette by Making Miracles
- Southwestern Deviled Eggs by The Freshman Cook
- Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berry Spinach Pasta Salad by Sweet Beginnings
- Sweet and Sour Slaw by Our Good Life
- Tortellini Caprese Pasta Salad by Our Crafty Mom
- Tri Color Potato Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Make a delicious tortellini caprese pasta salad with fresh mozzarella, tortellini, basil and an easy balsamic dressing. It's perfect for summer barbecues, or a light summer dinner.
- 12 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 ounces grape tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing
- baby spinach
Tortellini Caprese Pasta Salad
- Cook the tortellini as instructed on the packaging and let cool.
- In a large bowl add cooled tortellini, artichokes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and grape tomatoes.
- Top with balsamic dressing.
- Toss together.
- Add the mozzarella and drizzle with additional balsamic dressing.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whiskware Salad Dressing Shaker with BlenderBall Wire Whisk, Glass
Buffet Tongs, KEBE 2-PACK Stainless Steel Buffet Party Catering Serving Tongs Thickening Food Serving Tongs Salad Tongs Cake Tongs Bread Tongs Kitchen Tongs
Large Salad Bowl, Circular Shaped In Premium Acrylic Break Resistant Clear, 146 Ounce 2 Count
Sharing is caring…please PIN the below image:
I’d love it if you would follow me on social media: