Simple fall coffee table decor styling tips plus thrifty fall home decorating ideas from the fabulous Thrifty Style Team!
Make a statement this fall with beautiful coffee table decor. Learn how to add warmth and charm to your living space using harvest-inspired elements and colors.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
Fall Coffee Table Decor
Hello, friends. Like so many of you, I’m super excited for the fall season.
To kick off the fall season I’m thrilled to be teaming up with my Thrifty Style Team friends to share all things fall.
Be sure to visit them with the links shared at the bottom of this post. There are lots of affordable fall decorating ideas to inspire you.
Fall Coffee Table Decor Styling Tips
Today I’m sharing a few easy tips for styling a coffee table for fall. Whenever I switch out summer decor for fall, I’m all about creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
Since the coffee table is typically a focal point in a living room or family room, one way to achieve this is by creating coffee table vignettes.
Start with a blank slate and gather items that you may want to include when styling your coffee table.
Choose one or two focal points, such as a small pumpkin or an autumn-inspired floral arrangement, and build around them.
When styling the round coffee table in our living room, I started by anchoring the table with a large mirrored tray with gold metallic features.
Trays are a great way to decorate coffee tables and dining room tables.
Don’t be afraid to mix and match different textures and materials – rustic wood alongside shiny metallic accents adds depth and visual interest.
Keep it simple by selecting a few key pieces that embody the spirit of fall.
You can’t decorate for fall without pumpkins. Real pumpkins are not quite in season yet, so I am decorating with faux pumpkins for now.
I’ll definitely mix in real pumpkins when they are available.
Read more about the Decocrated Subscription Box here.
The fairy lights are on a timer and have 7 different settings. Fairy lights are a great way to bring in that cozy factor, no matter the season.
A floral arrangement is another key piece in this pretty fall vignette. A mix of stems in classic fall colors brings in tons of texture.
Can you believe those adorable pumpkin stems are from Dollar Tree? They have really stepped it up this year!
Coffee Table Styling Tips
Incorporating seasonal touches into your coffee table decor doesn’t have to be complicated.
Here are some other inexpensive tips for decorating your coffee table for fall.
- Bring in natural elements like pinecones and acorns placed in a dough bowl or other wooden bowl.
- Include fall scented candles for instant coziness. Spiced pumpkin candles are a staple in my fall home decor!
- Make your fall coffee table decor stand out by thinking outside the box. Instead of traditional items, consider incorporating unexpected elements such as vintage books.
- Stack the books on top of each other with the addition of some decorative gourds or a white pumpkin on top. As soon as mini boos are available, I scoop up several to decorate straight through Thanksgiving.
- My favorite tip for any season or holiday, when creating vignettes, is to follow the rules of three as detailed in this great article from Apartment Therapy.
I’m a huge fan of following this home decorating technique.
Decorating with odd numbers like 3, 5 or 7 is something I learned many years ago in a design class.
You want to create a natural path for the eye to follow. The anchor draws you in while the weight and filler items create a triangular flow.
See how I used this process when decorating a Christmas mantel several years ago.
In this vignette, I have 7 items; the large tray, the wood riser, the pumpkin punch, white pumpkin, glass pumpkin, vase and flowers.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Don’t forget, the goal is not just to fill up space but also to create a conversation-worthy display that reflects your personal style.
Most of all have fun with it. Put on your favorite music, make yourself an autumn apple moscow mule and enjoy!
I hope you found these simple fall coffee table decor tips helpful and would love to hear how you decorate your coffee table for fall.
Thank you so much for visiting. Now hop on over to see the rest of the fall eye candy. Enjoy!
Thrifty Style Team’s Fall Home Decor
- Redhead Can Decorate – How to Make a Thrifty Dollar Store Fall Centerpiece for Your Coffee Table
- Our Crafty Mom – Simple Fall Coffee Table Decor Styling Tips
- The How to Home – Dollar Store Feather and Wood Stem Placecards
- DIY Beautify – 10 Fall Crafty DIYs to Make Now
- Simple Nature Decor – Coastal Fall Decorating Ideas
- Songbird – Lavender Wreath
- Zucchini Sisters – Acord Garland DIY
- Exquisitely Unremarkable –Decoupage Cake Stand Makeover
Have a good day and happy fall!
Enjoy even more fall crafts and home decorating ideas below:
- Fall Porch Decorating Ideas
- Vintage Wall Pockets from a Tin Can
- Faux Concrete Pumpkins
- Fall Wreath DIY
- Fall Decorating Ideas
- Dough Bowl Decor for Fall
You can find me on social media below: